Founded in 2009, Oasis pioneered the "Home Meets Hotel" concept, combining the quality and service of a hotel with the authenticity and comfort of a private home rental. Guests can book handpicked homes with a range of hotel-like amenities, including in person check-in and check-out, fresh linens and toiletries, and on-demand concierge services. Beyond the home, Oasis helps guests get the most of out of their stay with insider tips and can't miss spots in their city guides, as well as exclusive perks like access to local gyms, private members clubs and more.
Given our global reputation as a leading hospitality brand, Customer Experience is absolutely vital to our long-term profitability. As such, we need a customer success leader to own and drive this essential aspect of our company. The Director of Digital Customer Experience will be responsible for ensuring a consistent and delightful customer experience across all digital touchpoints of the Oasis customer journey. This includes, but is certainly not limited to, customer acquisition and onboarding, support, quality of services provided, and opportunities for upsell and retention. The role blends strategy, User Experience Design, and execution at all levels of the business to deliver end-to-end customer engagements, with a strong focus on the design and delivery of the digital and mobile UX. Given the importance of technology and cross-departmental collaboration, this position reports to the CIO, who oversees company-wide innovation initiatives.
#1: Define and Optimize Customer Lifecycle
- Review the digital customer experience throughout the reservations process, from first interaction to transition to the Guest Experience Team, with the goal of improving our conversion / closing percentage and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in or oversee competitive assessments, industry and customer research.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team on the development and ongoing refinement of customer personas and lifecycle journey maps, identifying areas of dissatisfaction in the Guest and Owner's experience and developing plans to monitor and make improvements to the experience.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement throughout the user journey, including automation and other digital engagements.
#2: Elevate Digital Customer Experience Activities
- Ensure consistency of content, brand and voice in the customer-facing interactions across all aspects of the customer journey including but not limited to:
- Guest Communications
- Guest Support
- Guest Experience
- Cross-sell / Up-sell
- Post-stay advocacy
- Transition from Reservations to Guest Experience
- Cart abandonment analysis and best practices
- Style, content and frequency of communications during the customer journey
- Inquiry submission process (email and chat)
- Interactions of the reservations, guest experience and owner relations teams
#3: Measure Satisfaction of Customer Experience
- Lead voice-of-customer research to understand current state customer experience, pain points, and unmet needs. Includes research activities such as analysis of surveys and operational metrics, customer focus groups, frontline employee focus groups, etc.
- Establish and measure customer experience and the impact of CX improvement initiatives via appropriate metrics or dashboard, with special focus on Guest Experience and Reservations teams. Key measures may include:
- Net promoter score
- Feedback surveys
- Shortening lead-to-close times
- Reducing touches to close
- Improving closing percentages
- Initiate interactive customer-facing improvements on web and mobile such as like buttons and other feedback mechanisms.
#4: Enhance Effectiveness and Efficiency Through Technology and Process Improvements
- Understand best practices, identify process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification.
- Define and implement the necessary QA processes, support structure and quality metrics in line with industry best-practices that drive performance.
- Look at efficiencies and processes across the operation to streamline and enhance the experience of our customers.
- Work with Product Managers to define and document functional requirements.
- Direct others in the production of Use Cases and Design Cases that effectively reflect business requirements and user goals.
- Direct others in the production of UX designs and any necessary communication and support documentation including information architectures, taxonomies, wireframes and interaction models, workflows, and functional notation.
- Direct others in the production of high or low-fidelity prototypes.
- Partner with technology teams to oversee usability test planning, execution and analysis.
- Ensure consistency and best-practice design within and across digital properties for all brands; oversee style guidelines and the creation of reusable elements and functional mechanics.
#5: Inspire Customer Experience Across Company
- Direct cross-functional stakeholders across the organization in building great omni-channel experiences for our customers.
- Make presentations regarding team direction and recommendations to Senior Management Teams.
- Work closely with a diverse set of business partners to uncover needs, develop design direction, and build consensus.
- Build strong relationships, and work with Marketing, Operations, and IT.
- Influence and align cross functional stakeholders to an actionable plan for addressing Voice of the Customer, integrating customer feedback from multiple sources and distilling/disseminating that data to the appropriate internal stakeholders effectively.
- Act as an enabler for customer experience activities, delivering best practices, tools and guidance across the organization and work in close collaboration with other internal teams to identify and prioritize customer experience projects.
- Champion the customer through all our customer journeys, identifying their needs and expectations.
- Understand how each improvement initiative affects all touch points and ensure all appropriate stakeholders are aligned with the project.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant advanced degree a plus.
- Spanish-speaking a plus.
- 5+ years experience in customer-facing organizations.
- Strong track record of implementing successful customer-centric initiatives across the Omni-channel journey (technology, process, people.)
- Strong knowledge of digital strategy, brand management, marketing, IT and/or operations; customer experience (CE/CX) strategy is a plus.
- Exceptional strategic and analytical expertise with ability to take ideas and assemble concepts/solutions for communication to different levels of the organization is required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex projects in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to measure performance outcomes.
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth.
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Consumer research experience (e.g., surveys, segmentation / personas development, focus groups, etc.).
- You probably are not a UX designer, but you might be, and you would definitely be comfortable working with UX and other digital/visual designers.
- Are a leading hospitality company that combines the authenticity of renting a private home with hotel-like service, concierge and exclusive perks
- Have offices in over 20 destinations in 13+ countries and are still growing
- Believe in teamwork
- Benefit from the unique backgrounds and experiences of our team members from across the globe
- Believe that there is a tremendous opportunity to truly change the way people travel and experience new destinations
- Are rapidly expanding and providing opportunities for our Team Members to grow with us
- Want you to know what everyone else is saying about us - The Press Room